What is Sports Massage?
- A soft tissue technique aimed at preventing niggling injuries and accelerating healing.
- It aims to realign tissues and restore balance in the body.
- Anyone can benefit from sports massage whether you are an athlete, recreational sports person or occasional exerciser.
What can it help with?
- Sports massage can help release muscle tension and restore balance to the musculoskeletal system.
- It can help reduce the stress and tension of occupational, emotional or postural stress.
- Regular massage can help improve circulation, posture, stiff joints and aid relaxation.
- Sports massage is useful for helping to re-align healing muscle fibres and reducing scar tissue build up.
- It can aid in the release of myofascial restriction, break down adhesions and release muscle spasm and pain.
- Regular massage can help maintain a healthier physical state and help your body recover more quickly.
Pre and post event
- Pre-event massage can be carried out between two days and immediately prior to your event.
- This stimulating massage will improve local circulation bringing blood and oxygen to muscles that require explosive speed, strength and power.
- Post-event massage can be carried out within a few days of your event.
- It aids in the removal of metabolic waste, lengthens tight muscles and reduces post-exercise muscle soreness.