What is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the treatment and prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
Aileen provides diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for people of all ages and abilities to help you achieve personal goals and targets; whether it is for a specific sport or event or to just keep going and enjoy your activity. Aileen will take into account your goals, lifestyle, sporting activities and general health.
What happens in a session?
- A comprehensive consultation to assess and evaluate your injury or condition
- Discussion of signs, symptoms and history of your condition
- Postural analysis and palpitation of the injury
- Range of motion and specific orthopaedic tests
- Outline of individual treatment and rehabilitation plans
Treatment techniques used can include:
- Massage, trigger point therapy, myofascial release and muscle energy techniques
- Ultrasound, Interferential and TENS
- Kinesiology Taping & dry needling
Being trained in Sports massage and a qualified Matt work Pilates Instructor, Aileen will integrate these skills into her treatment plan to provide you with a very personalised rehabilitation programme.
Design and implementation of a custom made rehabilitation programme incorporating:
- Strength and flexibility, both gym and home-based exercises
- Core stability and postural education